Below is a list of software you’ll need to get started working with UTAU and other vocalsynths!
PC USERS, PLEASE NOTE, IMPORTANT: Before downloading UTAU, OREMO, setParam, or ANY Japanese voicebanks or software, CLICK HERE for a tutorial to change your computer locale to Japanese.
- PC UTAU (download 4.18e)
- Mac UTAU-Synth (be sure to click 30日試用ライセンス for your monthly key)
- UTAU-Synth Edit Nib (removes monthly key & translates interface; highly recommended!)
Recording & Configuring
- resampler – The default resampler.
- moresampler – A resampler with powerful flags to control voice quality. Can also automatically generate otos.
- fresamp11 – An older iteration of fresamp, considered a bit more stable. Has nasal quality without “F0” flag.
- fresamp14 – A newer iteration of fresamp. Has nasal quality without “F0” flag.
- TIPS – A resampler good for soft, breathy voices.
- bkh01 – A resampler that tends to add a little bit of metallic buzz to sibilant consonants.
- phavoco – “Phase Vocoder”
- world4utau (aka “w4u”) – A very picky resampler, only works on mono recordings.
- EFB-GT – Good for solid voices.
- tn_fnds – Another good resampler for soft, gentle voices.
- utaugrowl – A resampler that has flags to add growl to the voice.
- wavtool – The default UTAU wavtool.
- wavtool2 – A slightly improved wavtool.
- wavtool4vcv – A wavtool optimized for VCV and other strung-sound voicebanks.
- Resampler Patcher – Makes most common resamplers render much faster.
- Iroiro – An all-in-one plugin that converts between romaji and hiragana, among other things.
- Lyric Diphonizer – A simple plugin that converts CV USTs to VCV.
- autoVCCV 2.0 – Converts a UST from CV to CVVC by inserting the VC samples.
- presamp – Plays a CV UST as CVVC. Can be customized with a “presamp.ini” & includes “wavtoolex”
- utalis – A .wav-tracing automatic tuning plugin.
- Voicebank Aliaser – Automatically generates romaji or hiragana aliases for any style of Japanese voicebank.
- vocalshifter – Allows for post-render .wav modification of pitch and other parameters.
(For mixing, making MIDIs or music)
- Cockos Reaper* (Windows & Mac)
- Frinika (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- LMMS (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Cakewalk (Windows)
- Garageband (comes preinstalled on Mac)
(* Reaper operates on an unlimited trial, but after 30 days it will prompt you to purchase a license.)
- FL Studio (Windows & Mac)
- Logic Pro (Mac)
For Extracting/Compressing Files
- MMD – for creating 3D animations
- LipSync – for creaeting 2D lip-sync animations
- AviUtl – free video editor for Windows